Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Turned that frown upside down

Batavia Air just pulled out the big guns...

I am hanging out in the Denpasar (Bali) Airport waiting for my flight back to Jakarta (boo! trip is already over) which is, as it now stands, two and a half hours delayed. luckily I scheduled a seven hour layover in Jakarta, so I am not freaking out... yet.

Anyway, I have been bored to tears and can't think of anything to do. I don't have any reading material nor enough money to buy anything entertaining (my wallet was stolen last night. what else is new?) and have been generally restless. I have made about 243 laps around the food court/shopping area. Finally, about 20 minutes ago, there was an announcement made pertaining to my flight, which I only assumed was a boarding announcement (English spoken with an Indonesian accent is grossly unintelligible)so I made my way over to the gate, where I saw a mob of people (I am apparently the only Bule on the flight. awesome)but no real movement. Then I saw people walking away with white boxes.

Batavia hooked it up with an AWESOME dinner. rice, noodles, and a plethora of indeterminate spicy animal product. needless to say, I am very very satisfied.

1 comment:

kelly said...

That makes everything an epic amount of better, I'm sure! I've been reading about Indonesia with mad amounts of jealousy, btw.