Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Swell indeedy part 2

Today was a really lovely day with plenty of things to gush about. but if I am going to confine myself to one thing (or, better put, one aspect of one thing) it had better been the fact that my roommate, Jane, has "blossomed into a lovely young cook"

For the last two years, Jane has been very significant in keeping me up on what's cool. I like to attribute it to the fact that she has three older sisters (but don't tell her that, I think she thinks it's all her)

Anyway, Jane and I have very similar tastes, particularly in everything pertaining to food. Except that she hates peas, which I find absolutely preposterous. And, since food plays an an only slightly larger role in my life (in fact, in the "getting to know" part of all of my classes I teach I introduce myself as following: "My name is Cheryl and I am from California. I study German Dialectology at the University and have lived in Freiburg for about two years. My hobbies are eating, cooking, reading about food, looking at food, and talking about food. I also like enjoying the nature in and around Freiburg")than my roommate, I thought I would tell you a little about Jane's tastes.

Jane loves guacamole.
Jane loves consuming anything floral (Ikea beverages, shisha, et al.)
Jane is maybe addicted to Rhubarb yogurt.
Jane likes to experiment with flavors other deem "exotic"
Jane just commented on "switching genres" because after enjoying a dinner of guacamole and strawberry ginger cocktails she moved on to strawberry scones with lime basil curd (which she found too oily but which I find divine. guess who made it) and tea for dessert.

Our little abode may not be much too look at, but man, is it flavorful.

No comments: