Monday, June 1, 2009

It's June! Things I find Swell- Part 1

I have decided to challenge myself this month. Every day I am going to write about one thing in my life that I find lovely. I will even try my very best to convince Jane to let me take pictures so that I can show you some of these dandy things as well. Though I am sure that all of you are incredibly imaginative people who can visualize my life through my gift of word. (FYI, one thing that I really, really find unswell is being stolen from. but let's focus on the positive!)

Something that has really made me happy lately is the vast amount of public holidays in Southern Germany. This spring time party starts with Easter, moves on to Labor Day, Ascension, Pentacost, and Corpus Christi. Honestly, I feel like I haven't had a five-day workweek since March.

Today, for those of you who are unenlightened, is Pentacost, which is the day that the holy spirit came to feast with the Apostles seven weeks after Christ's death. For me, it was a lovely day of feasting, enjoying the sun, reading trashy magazines and worshiping Lia.



Tomorrow is back to work for me, but only for two and a half days! Then it's off to Switzerland!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't let Mommy see you with a baby, it will give her ideas....Love you, Daddy