Thursday, June 25, 2009

Orang Orang

I am in Indonesia!

Life is really beautiful, particularly here in southern Java. Sebastian, Matthias and I are staying in an awesome hotel near Cimaja, enjoying being spoiled by the expat community here and gushing endlessly about the ocean (which I haven't been in since last June. I'll tell you, a year without ocean is no year for me! I was giddier than a schoolgirl splashing around yesterday)

The main thing that has struck me here in my first 30 hours is how amazingly friendly and helpful everyone is. It is hard to resist such warmth! A lot of travelers come here for a week and never leave and I can certainly understand why! It's a damn good thing I love Freiburg so much!

Good news: I am going to bu myself a camera soon so that I can document everything here. That means my blog will soon be much more colorful!

No comments: