Sunday, March 1, 2009

Just when you give up hope...

Man...

an apartment was posted online today and, although I haven't seen it from the inside, I am in love.

by the way, I have always found the adage "don't judge a book by it's cover" to be a little bit silly.

This book for example:


not only has a beautiful cover but is a beautiful book which I highly recommend.

This book, though...


I wouldn't touch with a stick (I stole it from Jessica's facebook... thanks Jess!)
Janey, maybe it's something for you!

Anyway, as soon as said apartment was posted online I emailed the guy, and about two hours later he said to call him, because the demand has already been so high and he doesn't want to answer the emails. haha, I like him already. oh, and his name is Sven... plus point! In those two hours Mark and I went on a walk and we walked to said apartment and it's really nice. New orange building, friendly neighborhood, right by the recently-moved University library and like a one minute walk to my favorite supermarket, Rewe. Ok, that's a lie... I love Migros more, I think. But Rewe is more reasonable.

When I talked to the guy (Sven's roommate, Marian... I think that's a girls name, but whatev) he sounds like he loves the apartment, but said it is getting a little small for the three of them that live there. It is a three room apartment with "two big rooms and a smaller room" um... sounds like two bedrooms and a living room to me! The kitchen was described as "pretty small" but has a table for three built in and a balcony... can't be that small!

So, to sum things up I'm in love. Except that other people get to visit the apartment on Monday and Tuesday, but I work both of those evenings so I won't be dropping by until Wednesday. grr.

Fingers crossed!

1 comment:

Jane said...

haha...heeeell no I would not read that, I have standards when it comes to my romantic novels, (although sometimes good ones have terrible covers, esp from the 80s, which is why they're republished with more tasteful covers a lot) Anyway that sounds awesome! I've always wanted to live in an orange building.